Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 21 - Wednesday

Wednesday was my first day staying late at the office. I needed to get my assignment done and since the internet was not working at home, I worked until 9:30pm and stayed until 11:30pm to use the internet.

I was starving when I headed off the bus in the morning, so I decided to try out This is it Too, a local bagel shop that makes breakfast sandwiches. The reviews kept talking about how the bagels were like real NY bagels (since the owner came from NY), but I was skeptical. I ordered the Egg, Ham and Cheese (but no cheese) sandwich on a regular water bagel. I was pleasantly surprised at how doughy the bagel was! Definitely not as good as the bagels my law school roomie brought back from NYC, but definitely better than a regular CA bagel. Yay!

The egg/ham part was absolutely huge

Very tasty!

In the afternoon I had to get a lot of work done so I hopped over to Honolulu Cafe which is in the same courtyard as my building. The reviews were praising the salmon Caesar salad, so I decided to get that but get mixed greens instead of Caesar salad. It cost $14, so I was expecting something amazing. I took it back up to my office to find cheese sprinkled all over the salad. Yuck. So, had to go back down and get a new salad. They were apologetic and gave me a free cookie (again, not getting that I can't eat dairy) which I gave to a fellow law clerk. Overall, the salad was disappointing. It was just greens and fairly tasteless salmon. It was a big piece of salmon, but not very tasty and I had to try super hard to finish it.

Salmon salad - meh, not tasty

Worked through the night and the firm provides dinner if you're working. On Wednesday dinner was coming from Yard House which is also over in Mountain View. I got the turkey club sandwich. I wasn't impressed with how long it took them to deliver our orders and how when it got here it was all mushy. Bleh.

Only ate 3 out of the 4 quarters, too mushy

Fries were mushy and way too oily

Got home around midnight and crashed, only to start the grind all over again on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment