Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 23 - Friday - Honolulu/Kona, Big Island!

Friday was the start of a great, long 4th of July weekend!

I got into work and didn't feel hungry at all, but then around 9:45pm I was super hungry.  Takes my tummy a little while to wake up.  Per the suggestion of a director, I went to C & G's Luncheon for breakfast.  It's a little hole in the wall kind of place that serves make-when-you-order breakfasts.  I got 2 eggs over easy, SPAM, and fried rice for under $5.
 
Overall it was SPAM satisfying.  The eggs were slightly overdone and the SPAM was slightly underdone (I like my SPAM well done) but the fried rice was excellent and everything mixed together tasted great.

I wasn't that hungry when lunchtime came but I knew I needed to eat since I would be getting on a plane to Kona, Big Island and wasn't sure when I would be eating dinner. A fellow law clerk and I headed over to Komala Curry House where I was pleased to learn that the curries had no dairy!  Got the chicken masala (no picture, sorry, I forgot) which was fine but kind of expensive for the portion.

After work, it was off to Kona!  I was staying with my aunt and uncle-in-law for the weekend.  They live on the west side of the Big Island.  They have chickens and a pig.  Right now they are working on their house with the hope to set up a little B&B in the back.

Got a great plumeria lei as a welcoming from my aunt

My aunt made a Spanish tortilla with fresh eggs from her chickens, potatoes, and green onions

 This lil chick was living in the house because her leg was hurt and she hopped around on one foot.  Her name was Poop Monster, can you guess why?

No comments:

Post a Comment