Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 22 - Thursday

Thursday there was a litigation team meeting during lunch where we got sandwiches from Honolulu Cafe where I ate the day before. I didn't take a picture of it, but I had turkey avocado sandwiches that were tasty, but only had turkey and avocado - I wish there had been more ingredients.

An attorney came back from the World Cup in South Africa and brought back from ostrich jerky for the office to try. I wasn't much of a fan since it's pretty musky tasting.

Ostrich jerky - not so good

After work I went to see Eclipse! Some ladies in the office went on Wednesday (opening day) and said it was really good, so I wanted to see it. It was pretty good - better than the first two for sure, but still not that amazing. Eclipse is my favorite book of the whole series and my favorite scene in the book is not in the movie. *** SPOILERS WARNING, DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE AND/OR DON'T WANT TO KNOW MY FAVORITE BOOK SCENE, SKIP TO NEXT PARAGRAPH*** Anyway, my favorite scene in the book is the part after Bella and Jacob talk about how she loves him and it's just not enough (first, they butchered that scene in the movie. Bella's totally crying in the book while Kristin Stewart just look uncomfortable like she always does). After Bella leaves Jacob she gets in her car and starts driving away, but she doesn't get far because she just breaks down crying about how much she loves Jacob and can't be with him and she cries throughout the night over the fact that she's choosing Edward over Jacob. Edward is with her during this time and actually says that maybe she made the wrong decision and should be with Jacob (this is when I actually start to like Edward), to which Bella responds that she knows who she can't live without (Edward) and she has finished mourning the loss of the life-that-would-have-been with Jacob. This is all heavy stuff in the book and in the movie they skip from a rather unemotional scene between Jacob and Bella to Bella and Edward being all happy in a field of flowers. Then end movie. Ugh, no emotional turmoil. Clearly the movie makers are a little too Team Edward for my liking.

Okay, Eclipse aside, after the movie it was pretty late so I headed over to my trusty Menchanko-Tei (open until midnight!) for hot miso menchanko. Has all the ingredients that regular menchanko does but is spicy! It was tasty but saltier than regular menchanko.

Yummy! Menchanko and spicy = Love!

1 comment:

  1. My facebook feed showed some pictures of someone's recent trip to Oahu. There were some gorgeous landscapes, especially of the North Shore. There were some delicious food shots too. T-2weeks. :D

    ReplyDelete