Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 9 - Friday

Sorry for the delay!  So Turtle Bay Resort does have great wireless internet, but I forgot to bring my camera cord to upload pictures!  And I didn't want to write stuff without the pictures.

Anyway, Friday.  Early in the morning I made a bid on Priceline for "a resort" in the North Shore.  Since there is only 1 resort in North Shore, so I knew if I bid I would get Turtle Bay.  The rooms on the website and on all other sites were going for $240, and after bidding for a while I finally got the hotel for $190!  Yay!  Anyway, work was busy on an interesting litigation case on Friday.  We broke for lunch at Great Harvest Bread Co.  They make all their own bread from scratch, as in they grind their own wheat to make the bread.  And it shows.  Their whole wheat bread was hearty on my hot pastrami sandwich.  Yum.


Towards the end of the day I spoke with people about my trip to North Shore.  They had all these suggestions for places to go and things to do, which I was very excited about.  After work I knew that Banana Republic was having a 40% off sale so I went to Ala Moana for dinner and shopping.  In the food court there's a really well reviewed Japanese curry place called Curry House Coco Ichibanya.  I got the chicken katsu in their spicy curry sauce.  I was impressed that it came in a segmented plate to keep the katsu separate from the curry sauce.  While the curry had a rich flavor, it was definitely not spicy.  I grabbed from hot pepper from the Italian food place to put into the sauce and when I did that it was good.



In the food court area there's a food stand that makes mochi from scratch right there named Kansai Yamato.  Back in January 2009 I've tried the AMAZING chocolate dipped strawberries wrapped in mochi, and the melon mochi, which was just ok.

On Friday I bought strawberries with red bean wrapped in white mochi, chocolate peanut butter mochi, and blueberry mochi.  Although I haven't eaten the blueberry mochi, I loved both the strawberry red bean mochi and the chocolate peanut butter mochi.




The Banana Republic sale was 40% off regular priced items and I found a really nice blouse for work.  But when I went to pay for it, they said that it was a "presale" and that they would charge my card on Saturday and I had to come back and pick up the shirt on Saturday.  This was the stupidest policy I had ever heard.  The email never mentioned having to go back the next day, and if I bought the same shirt online there would have not been such a hassle.  Ugh.  So I walked out after trying on so much stuff and finding something I liked.

At home I spent the evening researching my bus route and things to do in North Shore the next day!

2 comments:

  1. omg, that strawberry mochi looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went back on Sunday to buy more mochi and there was a chocolate dipped strawberry wrapped in chocolate mochi - SO GOOD. Sigh, gobbled that up. We'll go when you guys come.

    ReplyDelete